Department of Monitoring and Enforcement
- Development control for buildings requiring Environmental Assessments
- Environmental Assessment costs and processing of projects/ buildings / and developments requiring EIA approval and certification.
- Organizing Environmental Mobile Courts.
- Environmental Research and organizing workshops/ conferences on environmental matters.
- Registration and Certification of Environmental Consultants and contractors.
- Overseeing the activities of the Zonal and Area Offices.
- Monitoring the activities of Industrial Pollution Abatement Committee (IPAC).
- Participate in Environmental Audits of existing facilities.
- Solid waste management
Department of Public Health and Laboratory Services
Public Health Unit:
- Routine inspection to Special work places (Hotels, Bukatarias, Bakeries, Restaurants, Hospitals, Filling Stations, Banks, e.t.c.) and Industries.
- Attending to public complains on environmental degradation (such as drainages, refuse, noise that poses nuisance.
- Participate in Environmental Assessments and audit reviews in collaboration with other departments.
- Stray animals arrest
- Participate in registration of consultants and contactors.
- Supervising of NYSC Corps members and IT/ SIWES students.
- Operates and manages Pollution Control laboratory (Bacteriological, physiochemical and soil laboratory).
- Collects and analyses water, waste water (effluent) and air quality of industries and environs on routine basis.
- Review of results for effluent and air quality submitted by Industries to ensure compliance to standards.
- Determination of heavy metals in all media- air, land and water.
- Air and Noise measurement for mobile and stationary equipment.
- Assessment of stress fee (polluter pay principle) for Industries via analyzing such industry’s effluents and ensure payments.
- Attending to public complains that require the use of laboratory equipments e.g. noise meters, augur, etc.
- Routine inspection of industries to ensure strict adherence to environmental standards and compliance.
- Participates in the registration of environmental consultants and contractors.
- Consultancy services.
Department of Finance and Admin
- Appointment, promotion and discipline of staff.
- Staff training and welfare.
- Handling of establishment of the staff generally.
- Handling of personnel records.
- Secretary of the Authority’s personnel management and committees.
- Handling the Finances of the authority.
- Collection and disbursement of cash (overhead from Ministry of Finance).
- Prepare monthly returns for recurrent expenditures.
- Prepare monthly returns for revenue collections via the state’s TSA.
- Prepare books of account such as cash book, vote books, security documents e.t.c.